Wednesday, March 7, 2012

BACKCOUNTRY TOURING!!!!! MEGA POST

I had the most amazing opportunity to go into some of Whistler's back-country today. So sick...I can't even begin to describe how awesome it was on so many levels. I was accompanied by Craig, Anthony, and Etienne...Real good dudes! They were all on split boards(snowboards that can become skis) and I was on a pair of Yupis(snowshoes/mini skis). Pronounced (U-Pees). Seriously some of the best runs of my life....open mountain faces and tree runs with zero tracks, steep, deep and no one within ear shot. aaaaaahhhhhhhh.....so incredible! There's some GoPro vids on the way and super huge thanks to Logan for letting me borrow his never before used Avi set-up. Oh and Mike Jones for his Yupis.


Park Rat in the back-country.

Peeing.


Anthony, Etienne, and Craig checking out the peaks.

My borrowed Avalanche beacon...For Real.

Checking out our route to Cowboy Ridge. 

Our first accent.

Anthony first drop in.

Craig slapping on his skins to hike up.

Anthony.

My YUPIS!

Etienne.


Etienne ski/hiking up.



There were some pretty gnarly switchbacks on the way.

FOOD.

Anthony.

FOOD.

Cowboy Ridge.

Got the Yupis in the backpack...Ready to shred.

Craig.
 Me. Unbelievable. Whose tracks are those....OURS.

 Hiking back up another ridge for more.




 Craig killing a sketchy section of the way home. Icy bridge and creek.

The way home.

ONE OF THE BEST DAYS EVER.

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! This takes my breath away!!!! It is an absolutely sight. What an adventure!!! I am so glad you have been able to do all these wonderful life experiences. They can never be replaced!!! Glad you had the avalanche beacon!!!

    Stay safe!!! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sheer vastness and unspoiled beauty of where you are REALLY hit home to me today seeing these shots. Ben, all I can say is .... "WOW.....". Beauteous. Simply beauteous.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete