Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sick Again

Having way to much fun on the regs has proven to break me down every now and then rendering me useless to the outside world. I have somehow even managed to not go up the hill for the third day in a row today. Super bummer town, but it could be worse. On a lighter note, I woke up and looked outside to see parts of what looks like what used to be some sort of garden. So I proceeded to hop out of bed, make some tea and toast and I headed out there to see what I'll have to work with. Pulled some dead plants, found some dormant raspberry bushes as well as dormant strawberries, and felt soil for the first time in a long while. It was nice. It's cool to be kind of out of my element with gardening up here with the snow and what not. There's new knowledge to be gained and new skills to be acquired. I'm pretty excited to work with my hands and the soil again.

I'm going to have to clear this snow in the next few days to start working the soil.

 On the two terraced rock levels and under the leaf litter, strawberry plants are showing signs of green.

So this looks like the main gardening area. Not much to look at, but that will soon change. I'll probably end up expanding big time.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice and how exciting to see the new growth. Our veg have not been planted as yet, but the strawberries are good and the artichokes are going strong. All your hard work.

    ReplyDelete